Friday, March 30, 2012

Sketchbook Friday

You may (or may not) know that I'm working on an illustrated middle grade novel about a twelve-year-old girl and her art teacher. In one of the scenes, my main character sees some crazy-cool shoes on TV, and here's what she draws in her sketchbook.



Can I just say how much fun I'm having with this book? I'm actually becoming my main character, kicking around with my sketchbook and drawing not only the things she would draw but I'm also trying to capture her style (and show it progressing throughout the book).

Happy weekend!
sf

3 comments:

  1. I am loving the sound of this book! Keep sketching, SF!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah - I gave you the Sunshine Blog Award! Go to my site to find out what to do!

    http://loridegman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.